Veterinary Services of Aiken provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians is experienced with a range of surgeries. Pre-anesthetic blood tests help to ensure a safer procedure for your pet, along with our sophisticated patient monitoring equipment (respiration, blood pressure and EKG). Personalized pain relief regimens help ensure your pet's comfort, reduces stress, and aids in the healing process for quality of life.
In addition to spays and neuters, we offer the following surgical procedures for dogs and cats
- Soft Tissue Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgeries
Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Veterinary Services of Aiken, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet's pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet's comfort.